Meltdown Digital
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hard House Production & Engineering Message Board

PortalHomeGallerySearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Similar topics

Share | 

Meltdown Interview with Dave Owens

View previous topic View next topic Go down 
AuthorMessage
Jay Hatchell
Administrator
Jay Hatchell

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Meltdown Interview with Dave Owens Empty
PostSubject: Meltdown Interview with Dave Owens   Meltdown Interview with Dave Owens EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 12:08 pm

Hi Dave thank you for taking the time out of your very busy schedule to do this interview.

> Q.1 What got you into Dj/Producing and when?

I got into DJing when I was 16 or so, just from listening to commercial CD's and mixtapes etc. I always loved dance music, and just sort of wanted to try my hand at it. The producing came far later, and sort of by mistake. I've always been a bit of a computer geek and happened to 'chance' upon a copy of Fruity Loops, and just started messing around with that, slowly learning the ropes.

> Q.2 What was the first tune you wrote and what were the ideas for that tune and did you think where your sound will end up after it?

When I first started out, I wasn't trying to write anything epic, so most of the initial stuff was awful, just really a learning platform and something to build on. The first releases that really gained any attention such as Graduate etc were done with an engineer. To be honest I have no idea what my sound is or where it's going half of the time, it's just experimentation with stolen riffs or heavy kick drums.

> Q.3 You have become the new influence of hardhouse music these days who were you influence's and why?

Haha that's nice to hear. My mom will be proud. My influences have always been the people I got into the scene listening to, specifically RR Fierce, Karim, Dom Sweeten, Glazby etc. Although alot of the sounds in my head come from other genres like Drum and Bass, Trance, House and Pop.

> Q.4 From looking at your studio and kit list on the turtledog website whats the one thing you could not live with out?

Bacon, and the G5 I suppose.

> Q.5 When not Djing or Producing what do you get up to?

Eating. Alot.

> Q.5 What do you think of the future of 'hardhouse' and do you think it will always get better?

Everything runs in cycles. It will get worse, then better, then worse. Etc. Unfortunately I don't think it will ever get to the stage it once was, but as long as the underground parties are still around and people still love the music, it will be here, and something to be proud of. We all need to remember what the parties were like when we started going out, how we got into it, and that this is still attainable in some form. A perfect example of this is the Irish parties.

> Q.6 There a lot of Irish Dj/Producers e.g Pierce Rooney , Karl Davis , Pocock to name a few making there name in the hardhouse scene at the moment what would you like to say about the quality of music coming out of Ireland and what its doing for the hardhouse scene?

The producers you mentioned along with others such as James Devlin, are clawing back what is so great about the music we love. They all have different sounds, and qualities but they know what works, and what works on the dancefloor, and that is exactly what you want in a producer.

However, when it comes to the quality of Wii Tennis, Pocock often appears to come up short.

> Q.7 How much are you looking forward for your first gig of 2009 in Ireland and what have you got in store for us?

Every trip to Ireland is amazing, however I've not been to Wexford before, although I've heard good things about the clubs and the people from people I've had in the studio recently, so I'm looking forward to it being a wicked night. Not entirely sure what to keep up my sleeve for the event, but I'll do my best to keep everyone moving.

> Thanks Dave

> Jay Hatchell

Last edited by JayHatchell on Tue Mar 10, 2009 12:26 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
https://meltdowndigital.forumotion.com
Jay Hatchell
Administrator
Jay Hatchell

Number of posts : 327
Registration date : 2007-04-30

Meltdown Interview with Dave Owens Empty
PostSubject: Re: Meltdown Interview with Dave Owens   Meltdown Interview with Dave Owens EmptyTue Mar 10, 2009 12:17 pm

http://www.turtledogonline.com/TDOGCD002-Shake_&_Bake_Vol_2_-_Mixed_by_Dave_Owens.mp3

Right click and save as

Meltdown Interview with Dave Owens Shanke10
Back to top Go down
https://meltdowndigital.forumotion.com

Meltdown Interview with Dave Owens

View previous topic View next topic Back to top 
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Meltdown Digital  :: Hardhouseireland Topics :: Club Chat-
Jump to: